Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


This past weekend we got to celebrate Thankgiving. I love this time of year when family gathers to enjoy the festivites. Mom and Dad flew in on wednesday morning. That evening we picked up Greg from the Train Station in SLC. Holli stayed the night at the "Warner's" house (mandee and Cameron). Thursday morning we got up early and Mom made her peanut butter stuffing. Then the cooking began. I was in charge of rolls and cake. The cake was so so good and the rolls, well, let just say I need to try again (they were a bit dry). My oven and I are not speaking to each other.



After the preparation we were able to go over to Aunt Julie's house. Victor and his parents came to Thanksgiving with us. It was so much fun. We had so much food and good conversation. Greg was in heaven as he was able to speak spanish to his hearts delight! After dinner we all came back to my house and visited and later had dessert. It was very fun!


The next day was black friday... dunn dunn dunnn!!!! Crazy things happen so early in the morning. I was pretty glad we were able to stay home untill about 7:00am. We hit Best Buy, Shopko, Michaels, and of course RC Willies. I got the best deal ever. New furniture!!! More to come on that later....





Saturday was so much fun! We had the chance to go to SLC and see the Savior of the World play. It was really nice. It was about the birth of Christ and His resurection. I thought it was well worth the time. Then we walked around temple square with the lights! It was so beautiful.








We had such a good time in SLC. The weather was perfect. The lights were spectacular. The traffic was pretty busy though. I managed to take a picture of the streets in SLC from the Joseph Smith building. Crazy.



All in all this was a great week! It was pretty long and busy but it was so so great and I am so glad we got to do all of these things!

2 comments:

VictorVillas said...

Those pictures from Temple Square were really nice. They do look so good. This weekend was so much fun, I had a blast.

Holli no name Child said...

Hey! I love the pictures. I might have loved them so much I put them on my blog too. This was a great weekend, to bad its over